The DorganHouse was built in the the 1930's by Albert and Avis Ann Dorgan on a mesa over looking the Rio Grande. They used irrigation to farm 640 acres on the floodplain. Later the house became part of the Mexitex Resort. Eventually the resort failed and the farm was sold for inclusion in the Big Bend National Park. Today these ruins are all that remain.