Another year has gone by. At ARTFLAKES we’re looking back at a successful 2016 with our re-design, and we hope you do too! So many new artists have joined our little world we call ARTFLAKES. It is great to see that you all enjoy our community. We couldn’t do it without you and our great customers of course.
We’re always working hard on making ARTFLAKES the best possible experience for our artists as well as customers. This year we’ve added some great new features and possibilities to cater your needs.
We are excited to see what 2017 has in store for us and we can’t wait to welcome even more artists to ARTFLAKES. We wish you all a Happy New Year and much success for 2017!
When we’re talking about a canvas print or canvas picture on ARTFLAKES, we are not referring to a simple machine-made canvas bought in your local craft shop. Far from it! Our products are mounted on solid and classy wooden frames by human hand. You can order them in different sizes and thickness as well as with coloured or white border – and which motif you want is of course up to you.
By the way: All pictures are printed on an intelligent Epson FineArt printer with high quality ink – this way me make sure that your canvas print is extremely colour-fast. Sunlight? Will not do your print any harm for many, many years. And whether you want your new gem with glossy or matte surface, you can choose as well…
We’ve got some great news ─ you can now sell your Instagrams on ARTFLAKES! For a while now, you’ve been able to buy your own Instagrams as stickers. But this isn’t enough. Our tech team has been hard at work, and now you can finally sell your Instagrams from your ARTFLAKES gallery. They can then be purchased as eye-catching professional gallery prints, framed art prints, high quality canvas prints, stunning posters, and even greeting cards ─ just like your other artwork! Awesome, right?
For this week’s artwork pick of the week we choose this wonderful illustration by Olga Degtiarova. It shows a young girl sleeping tight under the moon as her bed is surrounded by water. The illustration is fittingly titled “Dreams“.
Olga Degtiarova is a professional illustrator, born in Lviv, Ukraine, and based in Kyiv. After graduating from Lviv Fine Arts and Print Design Academy and works, she worked a few years as a designer before starting to work freelance as an illustrator.
Matthew Goik is an American illustrator who lives with his two cats in Arizona. We are totally in love with his illustrations. That’s why we choose one of his many awesome works as our artwork pick of the week. The inspiration for the illustration of a pair of phoebes, we are told in the description, is by the way a “rocking book of birds from North America”.
There’s no way past Facebook nowadays, so don’t underestimate the power of the web 2.0 and social media when it comes to market your art! Setting up a profile on Facebook is easy – afterwards it has to be taken care of, however.
1. Set up a profile Registering at Facebook is free and easy. Type in your name and a valid email address and your profile will be online right away. Now upload a picture of yourself and start adding contacts – there’s so much to see and do on Facebook!
2. Create a fan page for your art Once you have got your personal profile, you can add a fan page for your artwork or homepage as well. The difference to your normal profile is the fact that this page can be “liked” by everyone around the globe (by simply clicking on the “like”-Button), whereas on your private page you have to add them as friends. As soon as more than 25 people have liked your page you can change the URL into the one you like: E.g. you can find ARTFLAKES on Facebook if you type in www.facebook.com/Artflakes.
3. Add information about you and your art People who visit your Facebook page want to know who is writing here – so add some information about yourself, your education and profession or how and when you started doing art. This is the place for adding links to your webshop, blog or homepage as well.
4. Add pictures A Facebook page without pictures is boring, so go on and add some! This can be files of your artwork, pictures from exhibitions or your studio. Whatever you like.
5. Give status updates Tell people what you are doing: Are you planning an exhibition? Are you working on a new piece of art? Use the status update field to add pictures, links or videos as well. All users who like your page can now like your doings or comment on your updates.
6. Add events You can create events you would like people to join: Your fans can tell you whether they are going to come over or not. This is a great way to spread the word about exhibition or other events organised by you – and to see about how many people will turn up.
7. Use Apps Facebooks has a lot of apps in store making it easy to integrate several handy functions: Use the question tool to encourage a discussion or do a little survey about your art. Use the video or picture tool to add more insights into your work or link your facebook page with Twitter.
Over the past month several artists have joined ARTFLAKES in order to sell their art online. From now on every week we want to introduce you to one of our members whose work we have found outstanding recently.
Meet Jean Marcel Belmonte today, freelance artist and designer living and working in Brazil. His shop at ARTFLAKES is filled with digital collages and illustrations full of good vibes. Among his artworks are vintage looking collages like “Romantic“, cheerful patterns or statements written in bold colours.
Comments Off on Artist of the week: Jean Marcel Belmonte
Instagram und Picplz – two apps for your mobile phone that are used by thousands or even millions of people worldwide by now. Take a snapshot, put a filter over it and you get a lovely picture with a vintage look.
But then? Currently all pictures are only visible for other users of the app. This is now changed thanks to ARTFLAKES, because here you can have your snapshots printed as stickers! 10x10cm (4x4inch) they are, and you can attach them to everything that isn’t nailed down: laptops, desktops, folders, windows, walls… and and and. And if you’re fed up with having a sticker on this thing, simply remove it – this is possible with these ARTFLAKES stickers as well!
Now quickly get your smartphone – snap snap! – insert your name and order: 10 stickers are 14,90 Euro, 25 stickers 29,90 Euro and 50 stickers 44,90 Euro. Add 2,90 Euro for shipping and start, well, sticking!
Comments Off on instagram and picplz – now as stickers on ARTFLAKES!