Lying some ten miles northwest of Sana'a, the small town of Wadi Dhahr is situated in a fertile valley where orchards produce a large variety of Mediterranean fruits. Wadi Dhahr is renowned for its Rock Palace (Dar al-Hajar), an amazing five-storey building perched on a huge rock outcrop. Imam Yahya built it as his summer palace on the site of prehistoric ruins in the 1930's. He was murdered in 1948. Renovated with Dutch aid in the 1990's, the building is now owned by the Yemeni government and is presently open to the public as a museum.