profile picture

„Advocate's Close“

from the gallery of David Pringle
Description:

The Old Town of Edinburgh, Scotland, consisted originally of the main street, now known as the Royal Mile, and the small alleyways and courtyards that led off it to the north and south. Advocate’s Close is believed to date from 1544 and runs from the Royal Mile down to Cockburn Street. It takes its name from Sir James Stewart of Goodtrees, the last Advocate of Scotland in office during the time of the Restoration, Revolution and Union.

Picture ID: fa3a500
Comments
Susanna Badau liked this artwork 2014-09-22 18:31:26 UTC
Frank Siegling liked this artwork 2014-09-17 17:04:39 UTC
coco coconing liked this artwork 2014-09-17 13:01:39 UTC
Compose Comment