The Town Hall and Glebe Park Bandstand in Bo’ness (properly Borrowstouness), Falkirk District, Scotland.
The Town Hall was designed by George Washington Browne and built between 1901-4. The building once also housed the former Carnegie Library.
A large and imposing classical building on an elevated site overlooking the town centre. Andrew Carnegie gave £5000 to the cost of this £10000 building and it was opened by his representative, Hew Morrison (Chief Librarian of the Edinburgh Public Library), on 14th September 1904. The tower clocks were made by H & R Millar of Edinburgh and are similar to those at Robert Adam ́s Register House in Edinburgh. Local Bo ́ness firms were involved in the construction: joiner and carpentry work by the Duguids, slating by Kilpatrick and painted decoration by Grant. An important part of the social history of Bo ́ness.
The Glebe Park Bandstand was built by Walter McFarlane & Co, Saracen Foundry and erected in 1902.