„Turkmenistan (Antonia Tozer)“

from the gallery of John Warburton-Lee Photography
Description:

Minaret at Gurganj (Kunja Urgench) former capital of Khorezm. Seven times destroyed and seven times rebuilt is the legend attached to Gurganj. Gurganj was the name given to the town by the Mongols, the Arabs called it Jurjanya and after 1646 it was known as Kunya Urgench. During its heyday it covered 1000 hectares.

Picture ID: 9589b29

There are no comments yet, be the first!

Compose Comment