profile picture

„Maiden's Tower“

Picture ID: 7842704

Maiden Tower was first built by the ancient Athenian general Alcibiades in 408 BC to control the movements of the Persian ships in the Bosphorus strait. Back then the tower was located between the ancient cities of Byzantion and Chrysopolis. Used as a lighthouse for centuries, the interior of the tower has been transformed into a popular café and restaurant, with an excellent view of the former Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman capital

Rudolf Urabl liked this artwork 2012-11-23 10:09:48 UTC

Compose Comment

Other works of the artist

Kedicik Dsc-1653a Dsc-1380c Dsc-1462 Dsc-0011aa

Similar Pictures

Kirschbluete-an-der-binnenalster 4744832965-e28ae3da17-o Papenburg1 Dscn2465 Dsc03706-14-pano-hdr